WIFE CARRYING (OR GIRLFRIEND) through an obstacle course
Join us in Ranchester for the Annual Wyoming Wife Carrying Championship. Carry your spouse, significant other, or friend though a challenging obstacle course! There will be many other festivities in the park for the 4th of July celebration.
The original track was in the rough country side of Finland. That rough terrain with fences, rocks and brooks has been altered to suit local conditions. The following rules set by the Town Of Ranchester:
- The length of the official track is 253.3 meters (278) yards.
- The track has two hurdles, a soft sand obstacle and a water obstacle.
- Teammates are not required to be legally married but both must be at least 21 years old.
- All the participants MUST HAVE FUN! This rull WILL be enforced.
- If a contestant drops his wife, that team must stop and the wife must remount before moving forward. Any team that advances on the course while not properly mounted will be disqualified. The only "equipment" that will be allowed during the competition will be a belt worn by the carrier to give the partner something to grasp. Helmets Optional
- Contestants must contest to being sober.
- Contestants must sign the waiver of liability.
- The contestants run the race two ata a time, so each heat is a contest in itself, but the winner will be the fastest time of all entrants.
- Each contestant takes care of his/her safety and, if deemed necessary, insurance.
- The contestants have to pay attention to the instructions given by the organizers of the competition.
- The race will be run in heats, two teams starting toghter. The two teams with the fastest times will qualify for the championship round. The winner of the Championship round will be declared the winner of the event.
- Prizes will be given to the top three teams. The first place team wins $250 and will be qualified to participate in the North American Wife Carrying Championships in Sunday River, Maine, in October.
- Second place team wins $150 and Third place team wins $100.
- Participation fee is $25 per couple.
- The Town reserves the right to change the rules.
FOURTH OF JULY FESTIVITIES:
- 2pm-6pm Bounce House and games
- 2pm Wyoming Wife Carry Registration
- 3pm Wyoming Wife Carry begins
- Buckshot Beer Trailer, Curds of Wyoming, InnominateCoffee
- Rotary Club will be cooking burgers
- 5:30-7:30pm THE TWO TRACKS will be playing(liveband)
- FIREWORKS at dusk at the Tongue River Middle School
Camping on-site, River floating, Grass and shade trees, Cold beer and live music,what's not to like!